Squash and Beets Roasted with Garlic
Author: Tanya Risnes
Recipe type: Salad Side
- 2 cups butternut squash (or pumpkin cut into bite-size pieces)
- 3 beets (cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 medium onion (sliced into slivers)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (minced)
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pumpkin, beets, onion, garlic, rosemary, and melted butter.
- Place the mixture in a 13x9 Pyrex casserole dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the squash (or pumpkin) and the beets are tender.