Roasted Sweet Potato & Kale Quinoa with Maple Dressing
Author: Tanya Risnes
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced into ½ inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 T butter melted and dicided
- ¾ t salt divided
- 1 shallot peeled and diced about ¼ cup
- 1½ cup water
- 1 c quinoa or rice rinsed
- 3 oz kale stemmed and diced (about 3 cups)
- Maple Dressing:
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T buttermilk
- 2 t white balsamic vinegar
- 2 T fresh parsley, minced
- ½ t fresh lemon thyme minced
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato, maple syrup, 1 T melted butter and ¼ t salt, mix well.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring half way through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook remaining butter, salt and shallots until shallot is golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Once shallot is browned, add water.
- Once water is simmering add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Mix in the kale and cook til soft.
- Remove from heat and add sweet potatoes; set aside.
- Make maple dressing:
- in a small bowl,combine ingredients and mix well.
- Add to quinoa and mix well.
- Serve with feta cheese.