Mom’s Pumpkin Pie
Mom's Pumpkin Pie
Author: Sharon Phyle
Recipe type: Deserts
- 3 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1½ tsps ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- Mix all together.
- Pour into two 8" pie crusts or one 9" deep dish pie crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then lower temperature to 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or till tests done.
- TIP: to make pureed pumpkin cut pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and strings, put in 350 degree oven and bake till tender.
- Scoop out flesh and puree in blender.
- Sometimes all the pumpkin filling does not fit in the pie shells so I put it in an empty pie pan and bake it---less calories.