Breakfast Mexican Burrito Bowl with Spiralized Red Potatoes
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 4 medium red potatoes (peeled)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 4 large organic eggs
- In a bowl, combine tomato, onion, cilantro and lime juice to make pico de gallo.
- In second bowl, mix together avocado and jalpeno, leaving the mixture slightly chucky. Season with
- chili salt and black pepper to taste.
- Using a spiralizer blade that creates spaghetti style noodles, feed the potatoes through the machine.
- Slice the noodles in half and season with chili powder, salt and black pepper. In a large skillet
- over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add Potato noodles and cook until softened
- and cooked through, about 7 miuntes. Divide noodles, beans, pic de gallo and avocado mixture equally
- among four plates or bowls.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray. Crack eggs into the skillet and cook until whites set and yolks
- are still runny, 3-5 minutes. Top each potato- noodle bowl with a fried egg.